Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Random Factoids Regarding the Meaning of Life

My job pisses me off. Mostly because I work in retail and I have stupid ass management. Most of the employees are being cut to a mere 5 hours a week. 5 hours. At 9 dollars an hour. I will be making 45 dollars for all of next week. Fucking hell I need a new job. Oh well, more on that another time.

For anyone working at BevMo Corporate.


I have no idea why, but earlier today I was contemplating the meaning of life, as I am wont to do. I know I'm normally filled with rage and tear down the ideas of stupid people, but today I feel like building shit up. I don't really know what the meaning of life is, nor am I prepared to pretend I do or ever will, but I do have a small list of thoughts on the subject that people should be reminded of. And since I'm recovering from a three day drinking binge, this is the best material you're getting from me today.

-"You Only Live Once" does not mean "Go be a stupid whore and sin like there's no tomorrow", it means "Life is a one shot deal, no do-overs, be sure to make it counts." If you want to sin like a bitch and fuck and drink, go for it. Just be sure you're happy and you make a positive impact, leaving the world in better condition than you started.

-Death comes for all of us on his own schedule. Don't fear him, but rather be prepared for him at all times. Live in such a way that, should his grip find you when you least expect it, you can die fulfilled. Tell those you love how you feel, because having one of those TV drama moments when you're on your deathbed confessing your feelings is very rare. In the words of some very wise men, "What better place than here? What better time than now?" 
 









-The phrase "Blood is thicker than water" does not mean your family is more important than your friends automatically. To the contrary, the original phrase was "The blood of war is thicker than water of the womb.", more or less saying your bond with your brothers in arms is stronger than any you have with relatives. Gotta love Celtic/ Viking warrior culture.

I need to get some sleep. Just remember, try to be happy, be yourself, and try not to be a douchebag.

No comments:

Post a Comment