Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Spiderman and Kids Bop

I watched Spiderman again recently, the one with Tobey MacGuire. Decent movie I suppose, but something occurred to me that never had before. I understand Peter being Spiderman is interesting, but what the hell happened to the spider that gave him those powers? Did it just die after biting him? Is no one else in his world interested in harnessing the powers of an arachnid that can give anyone superpowers with but a single bite?

Also, there's a huge lack of insight on the scientist's part. It's pointed out early on that one of their mutated spiders escaped, and no one seems that interested. But when a few days later, a random guy appears who seems to have the powers that SPIDERS possess, calling himself SPIDERMAN, does it not raise a single goddamn flag? Did none of the scientists stop and go "Hey, maybe this is connected to that MISSING GENETICALLY ALTERED SPIDER WE HAD A FEW DAYS AGO!" Seriously, are these people all graduates from University of Phoenix? Come on, even a community college scientist would make the bloody connection!



"Hey, do you think that guy with a spider on his chest who shoots webs from his wrists and 
climbs up walls is related to our missing genetically altered super-spider?"
"I don't get paid to think."
"...yes you do. You're a scientist."


Speaking of stupid people, why do they keep making these horrid "Kid's Bop" CDs sold on TV? Do people actually purchase these things? Has anyone stopped and said to themselves "Yeah, I mean I like today's Top 40, but what if it was sung in a really high pitched voice by a bunch of fucking kids who are all tone deaf?" I really want to hear what argument the executive who came up with this used to get it approved. That must have been an amazing conversation.

Another hilarious thing is their choice of songs. They get a bunch of kids to sing songs, and what do they choose?

-"Boom Boom Pow" by The Black Eyed Peas
-"All The Small Things" by Blink 182
-Quite a few depressing songs by The Fray, Daughtry and Three Doors Down
-"Feel Good, Inc." by The Gorillaz
-"Unwell" by Matchbox Twenty
-"Hey Ya!" by Outkast
-"Headstrong" by Trapt
And countless others!

Now, I'm not saying these songs are inappropriate for kids, because frankly I hate kids and I don't really care what they listen to. But I am saying that most of the pussy American parents WOULD say these songs are inappropriate due to the references to sex, suicide, drug use, depression, more drug use, and being Fergie, all of which are things most parents won't want their kids listen to. And this is on an album where the kids are SINGING it. I find this hilarious.

I don't know about you, but when I heard the lyric 'Don't want to meet your momma, just want to make you cum-a', I imagined a twelve year old singing that shit.


People make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment