Tuesday, March 19, 2013

TeamFourStar and Burbank

I am a huge fan of TeamFourStar, who are best known for Dragonball Z Abridged, which is an amazingly funny YouTube parody series of the anime. Seriously, check out their YouTube channel here. So I haven't followed the Podcast they do regarding their activities and such for quite a while, but I have been following their activities. It's weird listening to them hint at spoilers for things from the past that I've already seen. I wonder if this is how psychics feel?

 No, not you, Sylvia. 

TeamFourStar are the epitome of good comedy, not only because they're genuinely hilarious, but because they get progressively funnier as their career progressed. I've watched them since near the beginning, and they started out as an idea with some rough production. The humor was always there, but it was apparenty they lacked practice. Pretty quickly though, and progressively more over time, they definitely get into their groove and pop out some of the funniest damn videos I've ever seen. Even if you've never seen Dragonball Z, if you've lived longer than a year in America you know a lot of the stereotypes and plot points of the series and you'll have a blast watching it. Seriously, if you haven't yet, watch it. Your Lord commands it.

When I die, be sure to gather the Dragonballs. I'll wait.


In other news, I've been trying to get a job up in Burbank with my uncle's company, because nepotism is only a bad thing if you're not the one benefiting, kids. It's just a bunch of heavy lifting, but it pays well and I'm a big guy. I suppose I need to get off my fat ass at some point in my life. At least that's what they keep telling me, it sure as hell hasn't happened yet.

My apathy sucks, it prevents me from actually pursuing a career I'd not-hate, like standup, voice acting, regular acting, sleeping with Pauley Perrette, or drop kicking midgets. I always hate it when people seem worried about my not-caring, like it's a condition or something. I'm completely aware that it's all my own doing, you know. I just can't bring myself to care just yet in my life because I don't have any responsibilities like marriage, kids, pets, midgets I drop kicked that I have to now pay medical bills for, you know. The usual. Maybe I should get married, exclusively so I can get myself into debt and misery and have the drive to better myself. THE AMERICAN DREAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment