Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Nerf Gauss Rifle

So here, messing with my Nerf handgun because Nerf guns are freaking awesome and I refuse to grow up, and I notice some writing on the slider piece that you pull back between shots. It reads:

"Caution: Do not aim at eyes or face. To Avoid Injury: Use only darts designed for the product. Do not modify darts or dart blaster."

This raises a number of questions and thoughts for me. First of all, doesn't everyone have their eyes on their face? Why do they specify "eyes or face"? Is the Ten-Eyed Man, that lame villain from Batman with eyes in his fingers, using these things? Why do they not specify "Nose or face"? Are the eyes so much better than my nose? I can't smell with my eyes. STOP THE NOSE HATRED.

 Not one of the better Batman villains. His weakness is picking anything up ever.
 
Has anyone in the history of forever, other than me after them asking me NOT to, looked at one of them orange darts and thought "Hey, you know what would make this more fun? Modifying this dart in dangerous, mad science-y, and explosive ways!" Seriously, are people turning Nerf guns into flare guns? Cuz that'd be awesome. If I had an engineering degree I'd totally do shit like that.

Speaking of shit I'd do if I had the engineering prowess, I would totally turn my Nerf gun into a Gauss rifle. To those of you who don't play enough first person shooters, watch enough Mythbusters, or date enough nerds, Gauss rifles are basically guns that use magnetism, metal, and probably magic to propel projectiles at like Mach 5,000. They're the type of weapons Jesus would use if he wasn't a hippie. But yeah, if I had the ability, I would totally modify this Nerf gun into something destructive and hilarious like that just because they told me not to. I realize it's somewhat weird I'm this easily manipulated, but if it wasn't funny I wouldn't do it. Trust me on this.




Like this, but with more Orange and Yellow.

But don't worry, you can sleep soundly at night knowing I don't have the knowledge of mechanics to build this device. But I DO have friends who do, so on second thought, sleep with one eye open.

No comments:

Post a Comment