Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pliny the Younger

So I was invited to a bar this morning because, in addition to a bar being my version of a church and it IS Sunday morning, this bar had a rare keg of a beer called Pliny the Younger. Also, when a cute chick asks you to go drinking, the answer should almost never be no.

So anyway, this beer is a triple IPA by Russian Rivers Brewing, which basically means it's uber powerful. So myself, one of my coworkers and two other dudes waited in line an hour on the sidewalk in the city in front of this place called Toronado, which I'm told was not a misspelling of "tornado", but rather an old model of Oldsmobile, which was VERY misleading since they have a goddamn tornado on their sign. Hey, who knew. Some lady asked what we were all waiting in line for, to which I responded with "A hooker." She gave me a weird combination of dirty, skeptical, and angry looks and said "A hooker?" I explained that she was a very good hooker, and she was only in town for a few days, and only had a few openings to fill. She didn't find it funny, but I assure you it was hilarious.

We ended up spending $11 on this glass of beer, and I have to say that while it was certainly delicious it wasn't $11 Delicious. Pliny the Elder, their more common double IPA version, however, was DEFINITELY worth the $5.50 they charged. I should've just gotten three of those, but hey, now I can say I've tried Pliny the Younger.

After having just the two beers, myself and my colleagues were pleasantly toasty, except my female coworker because she didn't like it and got cider instead. We of course, being the gentlemen we are, fought to the death over her undrank, non-refundable beer.

Actual Footage


After the beer we thought "Hey, what better way to be belligerent than to walk around the city blasted looking for food? There is no possible way this could go wrong." We ended up hassling this lady for having her dog in a stroller, which I will not apologize for because she CLEARLY misunderstood the meaning of "Taking your dog for a walk". Seriously, a fucking stroller. Also their was a group of girls with brightly colored hair, who may or may not have been a drunken hallucination, and a 4 foot parakeet with glasses, a goatee on his beak and a tuxedo who I am quite convinced was indeed a drunken hallucination, but he had some really great ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment